Mammalian cell colony counter

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 15:11:22 EST 2000

In article <TpWU5.152$y3.2419 at uchinews>, "Emir"
<ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would appreciate any feed-back or suggestions on a good (semi-)automated
> program or equipment that would be capable of counting stained (w/ crystal
> violet) mammalian cell culture colonies in Petri dishes.

The free NIH image or its PC version scionimage. You can set the threshold
for a certain particle size to not count say single cells in comparison o
multiple cell colonies.

If you have RISC OS I might be able to get you a similar programme that is
written in assembler. This was as fast as a G3 mac using NIH on an old
1992 32bit 310 machine so On the Intel X scale or StrongARM RiscPC's it
would be warp 10) :-)
> Thanks.
> Emir

Cheers
Bob

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: +44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: +44 (0)141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering