DGGE system

Y.F.LEUNG yfleung at cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Nov 30 07:50:38 EST 2000

I think CSGE or MADGE would be a good choice. The Dcode is so clumsy to run.
For MADGE you need to buy a dedicate instrument for gel running but should
be much cheaper than Dcode. I am using CSGE in our lab which is based on a
similar principle as DGGE but can apply on a conventional manual sequencing
gel apparatus. I have recently modified the original protocol and run 800
samples / gel  in 9 hours. This is much faster than Dcode

reference for MADGE

Day IN, Spanakis E, Palamand D, Weavind GP, O'Dell SD. Microplate-array
diagonal-gel electrophoresis (MADGE) and melt-MADGE: tools for
molecular-genetic epidemiology. Trends Biotechnol. 1998 Jul;16(7):287-90.

reference for CSGE

Korkko J, Annunen S, Pihlajamaa T, Prockop DJ, Ala-Kokko L. Conformation
sensitive gel electrophoresis for simple and accurate detection of
mutations: comparison with denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and
nucleotide sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Feb 17;95(4):1681-5.

Leung YF, Tam POS, Tong WC, Baum L, Choy KW, Lam DSC, Pang CP. High
Throughput Conformation Sensitive Gel Electrophoresis (HTCSGE) for rapid
detection of novel Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs). Biotechniques.
2001 Mar (in press)

Y.F.LEUNG

--
Y.F.LEUNG
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
email: leungyukfai at hotmail.com, yfleung at cuhk.edu.hk