scFv antibody panning

Josh Neufeld nitrogenase at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 30 20:43:59 EST 2000

Hello,

A paper I will be presenting for a seminar course describes the in vitro
selection of specific scFv libraries that target an antigen of interest.
 This is done, as I understand it, by panning the scFv fragments bound
to phage against immobilized antigen.  However, how much use are the
resulting specific scFv fragments alone for antibody applications?  Are
these scFv genes typically used to create entire antibody fragments?  If
so, how is this done?

Thanks,
Josh.

--