cell culture on solid medium

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 02:47:12 EST 2000

In article <39D86C98.8A59060B at mphy.lu.se>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn?= Olde
<Bjorn.olde at mphy.lu.se> wrote:

> Several years ago when I was doing my postdoc at the NIH a person showed
> me a technique for growing mammalian cells on a solid media, much like
> the way you grow bacteria on agar plates. Now I have a need for that
> technique but unfortunately I am unable to find any reference to it in
> the literature. I have been unable to trace the person who showed me the
> technique, Eric Gordon then working in Peter Fishmans lab at the NINDS.
> If any of you knows about this technique or the location of Eric Gordon
> please send me a message.

THis is probably Matrigel. In the UK Beckton Dickson sell it.

You can also incorporate peptides etc into it.

Cheers
Bob; Sunny Scotland

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: ++44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: 0141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering