liquid or semidry western blotting?

Susanne Rohrer "srohrer(removethis)" at immv.unizh.ch
Tue Oct 3 03:59:00 EST 2000

What  system do you have to run your minigels? Instead of a semidry, why
don't you buy a small Mini-Blotting wet system (I'm happy w/ BioRad
Transblot, no affiliation, and unfortunately they're a little expensive)

you can blot a minigel at 50V for an hour and it should be finished. the
transblot has an ice chamber which in addition to cooling saves buffer.
Maybe there is room in your system to put some buffer-saving stuff in.
I reuse my Buffer (80% MeOH) once, possibly you can use it 3x.

What's your buffer composition?
susanne