liquid or semidry western blotting?

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at
Tue Oct 3 06:54:54 EST 2000

In article <39D99FCF.174C4532 at>,
rogerrabbit at wrote:

> Instead of a semidry, why
> don't you buy a small Mini-Blotting wet system (I'm happy w/ BioRad
> Transblot, no affiliation, and unfortunately they're a little expensive)

Just to add my tuppence:

I'd go for this system, too.  I (and others in the lab) find the wet
system easier to set up and it gives 'better' results.

 You can get away with 750 ml Towbin buffer - make a 10x stock of the
glycine, andd MeOH when you dilute to 1x.  Make up a litre each time,
and after 3 runs you've saved enough buffer for the fourth, if you keep
the 1x at 4C.

Richard P. Grant MAD Phil

Please reply to rpg 'at''