Magnetic beads and mRNA purification?

Gareth Phillips gp8 at ukc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 11:03:15 EST 2000

What do people feel is the best way of going for making the best quality
cDNA library possible. I'm after a full-lenght rare transcript (aren't we
all) and want the best mRNA prep possible.

Roche and Promega make magnetic bead based kits that look very good because
there's no need to prep total RNA beforehand and so you minimise the
'handling' time.

Has anyone any thoughts as to the quality of these well established methods
and which one is best for downstream applications?
Amounts of starting tissue is not a major issue in my instance.

Regards

Gareth Phillips