quantitative PCR & PCR bias

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 02:52:20 EST 2000

In article <39DA19F8.9CDB2E61 at zonvark.wustl.edu>, Gavin
<hoggy at zonvark.wustl.edu> wrote:

> I am a microbial geochemist and just starting to learn about PCR and
other >molecular techniques.  I would like to find out about if PCR can be
truly >quantitative; i.e. what fraction of the DNA of a particular
organism is >amplified?  And what is PCR
> bias?
> Could someone point me to the right direction or references.

Have a look at Gene Cloning and analysis
ISBN1-881299-14-7 or search for reviews on PCR in Biotechniques.

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: ++44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: 0141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering