stable peroxide solution for ECL?

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at
Fri Oct 6 06:50:15 EST 2000

Lars, the key is to buffer the solution. Commercial preps normallyx
are stabilized with phosphate buffer (you may have a look on your 30%

Mix 100ul H2O2 (30%) per liter in 0,1M TrisHCL pH 9,35. This
should be stable for month if kept in a non translucent plastic
bottle in the fridge (we use for convenience empty Amersham ECL kit
bottles ;-) and add some 10 ul H2O2 evrey few month to regenerate.

All the best,

> From:          ronnstrand at
> Subject:       stable peroxide solution for ECL?
> Date:          Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:19:01 GMT
> To:            methods at

> I would like to make a reasonably stable peroxide solution to be
> used in enhanced chemiluminescence (ECL) experiments (to be stored
> in the refrigerator for, hopefully, months). As I understand urea
> peroxide should be a rather stable compound, but in what buffer
> should I dissolve it in order to keep it stable (ie, which pH is
> suitable?) Grateful for suggestions and comments. Lars
> Sent via
> Before you buy.
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at
usual disclaimers apply