FACS detection of myoblasts and fibroblasts

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Oct 6 07:22:55 EST 2000

Hi all,

I'd like to characterize by FACS analysis a myblast cell culture
derived from a human skeletal muscle biopsy. There probably grow
some fibroblasts, so I have two main cell populations.

As far as I am aware there is no myoblast specific marker, thus I'd
do the following:

1) stain almost all cells with anti MHC-1
2) stain fibroblasts with anti-Thy.1 (CD-90)

1a) stain myoblasts with anti NCAM, since I assume that fibroblasts
will not express this surace antigen

Would someone (more familiar with the matter than I) like to
contribute his/her thoughts?

Wolfgang

-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----