A genetic mapping conundrum

Gregor Bucher st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 6 10:18:59 EST 2000

Hi Jim!

I guess the only reason for looking for homozygotes only is, that often
(depending on the mutation) the heterozygotes are not distinguishable from
wildtype in terms of phentype - and you say he is dealing with recessive
mutations (which, by definition do only show a phenotype in the homozygote
state)

Do you agree or did I get something wrong with the problem?

Gregor
(another "mapper")

--
Gregor Bucher, Zoologisches Institut der LMU München
0049/89/5902/444
st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de