methylene blue staining of agarose gels

Arnoud van Vliet avvliet at
Fri Oct 6 17:14:41 EST 2000

Hi Marion,

I don't know about using it in gels, but I use to stain transferred RNA (and
DNA) on nylon membranes. I use 0.3% methylene blue in 0.3 M sodium acetate,
stain for 1 min, and destain with water. The staining solution can be reused
a lot of times.
All in all the Ponceau staining for nucleic acids!

hope this helps

news:39DD81C3.69904E4F at