Administering tons of ascorbic acid

Emir Khatipov ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 9 11:45:03 EST 2000

Hello,
I know that this post is related to this group only by the subject of
.reagnts, but I was thinking that someone could know the answer to my
question, since this is the most technically knowledgeable newsgroup.

I read a post recently at sci.med.disease.cancer that some cancers can be
successfully treated by administering huge amounts of ascorbic acid
perorally or intravenously, something like 20 to 40 grams at once like twice
a week or so. The post looked to be a commercial message, so I did not get
response to my question.

My question is whether someone knows in what form such huge amounts of the
acid are administered - as pure acid, or neutralized first. If not
neutralized, then what are the aftermaths of such treatment - big holes in
the stomach and clogged veins?

Cheers,
Emir