k_levitsky at k_levitsky at
Tue Oct 10 13:48:30 EST 2000

We have run into a problem:  We would like to use pLysS to minimize the
amount of leaky expression in our BL21-Codon Plus cells, but both the
pLysS and the extra codons plasmids carry the Chloramphenicol marker.
I contacted Novagen, they have to intention of re-engeneering their
pLysS to carry other markers.  Has anyone heard of a construct where
the pLysS carries an Ampicillin marker?  Has anyone tried to swap out
the Chloramphenicol marker and put in an Ampicillin one?

Sent via
Before you buy.