Lambda library of Bacillus - doubt

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Thu Oct 12 01:33:23 EST 2000

Hi
   I am trying to make a library of Bacillus thuringiensis library in Lambda
DashII vector.  But before that I was screening it for the presence of a
particular gene using the gene specific primers.  when I do the PCR template
preparation using the quick boiling method for PCR template preparation, I
get the required amplicon, but not with the total DNA prep.   I believe that
the gene may lie on a plasmid.
   Can anyone point out the mistake I am making here.  Can anyone suggest a
good dependable protocol for getting the TOTAL DNA from bacillus
thuringiensis or any other bacillus. sp.
   thankin you
sincerely
jayakumar

---