what is fast red?

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at dundee.MAPS.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 05:56:10 EST 2000

In article <39E8B10D.F85AC73D at hotmail.com>, zxxz26 at hotmail.com (Zhao)
wrote:

> Fast red has been commonly used for conterstaining in in situs or
> immunostaining. What is the real name of the dye? There are many FAST
> REDs in the sigma catalog.

I think you will find that all are the same but in different
formulations with and without Napthol. The tablets are convenient but
for in situs dilute in 10ml rather than the 2ml the method says. You can
also use Magenta Phos from sigma cat# B5667, use at 25mg/ml stock in DMF
and 7microlitres per ml of stain buffer. Lower background than FR and a
nicer colour IMHO.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby