Western & Eastern & Far Western & other blots

Arnoud van Vliet avvliet at knoware.nl
Mon Oct 16 16:55:22 EST 2000

"South-Western" blot has been used to describe testing of the activity of
DNA binding proteins. The protein(s) is/are blotted onto nitrocellulose, and
then a labelled probe containing the putative operator sequence is incubated
on the blot, washed for specificity and then detected.

Sorry, but I don't have a reference for it near by.

hope this helps
Arnoud

news:39e6c954$1 at news.unibe.ch...