sscp capillary sequencer?

Bruno Cenni bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch
Tue Oct 17 08:46:10 EST 2000

Hi Adam,

we just got an ABI3100 and we are starting to do also SSCP with it. Our
fragments are only about 100-300 bp long, though. After a very few first
runs I am still more concerned whether the conditions on the ABI are as
sensitive as on normal gels for SSCP... For your longer products: the SSCP
method has (on gels as well) a size limitation (i.e. you need bigger changes
in conformation if you still want to detect them as migration difference
with large fragments), but I think the resolution on the capillary array
should be better than on gel and you could switch to a longer array.

Bruno

news:39EAF3C9.E276213E at fuse.net...