DEPC Vs DMPC

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 09:43:06 EST 2000

In article <8shmj5$jpl$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, the eminent Nick Theodorakis
at Deja.com - Before you buy. wrote
>In article <39EBED1E.97E783C3 at med.monash.edu.au>,
>  Paul Cullen <Paul.Cullen at med.monash.edu.au> wrote:
>> I have been using DMPC to rid my solutions of RNases.
>
>Here's my $0.02: I haven't used DEPC (or DMPC) for years. Use good water.
>Pure water is RNAse free. And my RNA is just fine.

I agree, but not every lab has the funds to change their water system to
something more modern etc.

One can also buy in relatively inexpensively (except for shipping in you
are overseas), RNAse free water from Merck or Sigma or Ambion etc.

If that still isn't possible then DEPC is the way to go.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.