Best machine for in situ PCR

Neil Taylor neil.taylor at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Oct 18 08:39:09 EST 2000

Hi, We're in a position to buy a machine for in situ PCR. To start with I
was going to pick the Perkin ElmerGene Amp InSitu machine, but then I got
quotes from Hybaid and Eppendorf (for the Mastercycler gradient + in situ
adaptor) which are both about 30% less expensive.

So: Is PE charging extra just for the name?
Is it more likely to work using a dedicated in situ machine than a normal
PCR machine with an adaptor stuck on top?

I would be grateful for any comments from people with experience of any of
these machines (or any others).

Thanks,
            Neil