Light Cycler

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 08:29:45 EST 2000

In article <rh-1910001306230001 at a6-curtis.ibls.gla.ac.uk>, the eminent
Robert Hartley at Centre for Cell Engineering wrote
>(I don't think they can call it a light
>cycler mix) that has a range of premix concs with BSA. I'm sure Duncan
>will be alng in a sec. :-)

It used to be called a LightCycler PCR Master Mix but then Roche
Molecular Systems Inc. didn't like me promoting it because it could also
be used by end-users with an un-authorised Idaho LightCycler machine. I
did offer to promote them specifically for the Roche LightCycler machine
but then it turned that that machine was also not authorised so the
mixes couldn't be promoted at all! Of course that didn't stop Roche
promoting their own mixes but hey, I don't own PCR! Anyway the upshot is
that the mixes are now called just straight PCR Master Mixes and are not
promoted in any way. Those who know about them buy them and those that
don't make do with Roche mixes or their own.

I suppose that now the Roche machine is authorised I can update the
dnamp web site which I fully admit, badly needs a re-write.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.