DNA/Protein Interaction

Stephen Snowdy snowds at med.unc.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:12:58 EST 2000

I would like to probe a protein on nitrocellulose with a single-stranded
DNA sequence (i.e. run a protein sample on PAGE, x-fer to
nitrocellulose, then probe with DNA), then use radiolabeled probe and
southern hybridization to see if the single-stranded sequence binded the
protein.  Has anyone tried to UV cross link DNA to a protein that is
bound on nitrocellulose?  I probably will not be able to end-label the
SS-DNA because of confirmation (terminal repeats).  Any help or