NBT/BCIP in situ detection problem

Paul Klosen klosen at neurochem.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Oct 20 04:57:12 EST 2000

Hi,

Recently we have run into a nasty problem with our NBT/BCIP in situ
detections. The in situ part seems to work fine and the alk phos
detections is sensitive, but when we observe our slides under the
microscope, the precipitate is completely granular and seems to be
located above the tissue. We have tried varying several parameter (pH,
salt and MgCl2 conc., ..) and different lots and sources of both NBT and
BCIP, but nothing seems to bring us back to our previous results, where
we had a nice cell-filling precipitate, albeit a bit diffuse as expected
with NBT/BCIP.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and how did you get rid of it
?
Thanx

--
Paul Klosen, PhD
CNRS UMR 7518 Neurobiologie des Fonctions Rythmiques et Saisonnieres
Tel. 03.88.35.85.04  Fax. 03.88.24.04.61  klosen at neurochem.u-strasbg.fr