sigma enhanced avian RT-PCR Kit

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 12:04:41 EST 2000

In article <39F0A1A2.EF747851 at hsc.usc.edu>, rchow <rchow at hsc.usc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Has anyone had experience with the Sigma Avian RT First Strand Synthesis
> kit? I am searching for such kits and this one looked good

Why use a kit? All they have is OligodT or Randon hex's and a bit of AMV.

The way to do it is to get Oligo dT18 made for about 10ukp/ and buy some
AMV from say promega (cheap but OK) or some superscript2 MMLV from Life
tech and "bob's your uncle". You'll end up spending the same cash and have
lots more enzyme/Oligo.
> Bob

Cheers
Bob; Rainy Scotland

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: ++44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: 0141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering