Cheap cellophan source

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at
Thu Oct 26 05:23:06 EST 2000

The cheapest wrap from the supermarket does it, when you want to
cover gels on whatman paper for drying. For drying gels that should
be kept transparent, we wrapped them in a special kind of cellophane
that is offered for marmelade preservation: it is rectangular (approx
30x30 cm) and has the brand name "deti". We obtained it from local
houshold stores. There is a website , but I don't know if
this is the manufacturer.

> Date:          Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:54:39 +0200
> From:          Susanne Rohrer <"srohrer(removethis)">
> Subject:       Re: Cheap cellophan source
> To:            methods at

> Rafael Maldonado wrote:
> > Does anybody know a cheap source of cellophane for drying gels?
> > Biotech companies stocks are overpriced. Any clues wellcome.
> >
> > Alternatively, who does sell cellophane in Europe, besides
> > expensive BioRad and Pharmacia?
> We have a roll of household cellophane, presumably thought for
> making preserves. In Switzerland you can buy cellophane rounds for
> airtight closure of jam/marmelade jars. They should be cheap.
> unfortunately they are round.
> Maybe you should check out a household supplies store.
> susanne
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at
usual disclaimers apply