Cheap cellophan source

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 14:35:07 EST 2000

In article <200010261017.MAA16255 at intwww.zit.med.uni-tuebingen.de>,
Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de ("Wolfgang Schechinger") wrote:

> The cheapest wrap from the supermarket does it, when you want to
> cover gels on whatman paper for drying. For drying gels that should
> be kept transparent, we wrapped them in a special kind of cellophane
> that is offered for marmelade preservation: it is rectangular (approx
> 30x30 cm) and has the brand name "deti". We obtained it from local
> houshold stores. There is a website www.deti.de , but I don't know if
> this is the manufacturer.

I user Saran wrap which is perfect for the job.
One thing to not is the cheaper celophanes are not as sticky and these are
the ones you want. That way when you rip it tou dont end up with the wrap
all stuck together. Saran wrap is not self sticky until it is really
streched.

Cheers
Bob; Sunny Scotland.

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: ++44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: 0141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering