recommendations for membranes for Western blots?

Alexander Dobrovic alexander.dobrovic at
Mon Oct 30 02:16:49 EST 2000

Does anyone have any positive or negative recommendations for membranes for
Western blots. We have recently had a very bad experience with a PVDF
membrane from Roche (still in a Boehringer-Mannheim box) which didn't
retain any protein as assessed by transfer of the standards). It was not
until we tried transfer in parallel with a Biorad membrane that we worked
out that the membrane itself was faulty.

alexander.dobrovic at

61-(0)8-8222 7676