direct gfp observation

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Fri Sep 1 10:00:13 EST 2000

In article <200009011320.PAA11053 at>,
  Wolfgang.Schechinger at ("Wolfgang Schechinger")
> If you want to select colonies expressing GFP, you just need to
> examine them under a fluorescence microscope using the filter sets
> for FITC (works for RFP with the TRITC filters as well). Worked great
> for me.

A typical FITC filter set for fluorescence microscopy excites in the mid
to upper 400 nm range (looks blue to your eye), so if you have a "blue
light" lightbox I suppose that might be worth a try.

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at

Sent via
Before you buy.