dNTP problem (and magnesium)->gradients

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 11:12:49 EST 2000

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.1000905114722.22210C-100000 at mbcrr>, Bradley
Turner <bsturner at mbcrr.harvard.edu> writes
>Hello Duncan,
>
>Do you have a reference for the "freeze-thaw" sucrose gradient
>method?  I don't think that I've come across that before, but
>it sure sounds interesting!  Does it work for cesium gradients
>also?
>
>Thanks,
>Brad Turner

Not really. We used over 20 years ago in Sandy McLennan's lab at
Liverpool University. Maybe Sandy has the reference. I can't see his e-
mail address in my address book however it must be on the Liverpool
University web site. He is your best bet. I will also ask a former
colleague who used it a lot then and it may be referenced in his thesis.
It did work very well providing you did the thaws at 4C and carried them
slowly back to the freezer. He used to do them on both 5ml and I think
27ml swing out tubes by the dozen.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark