Question regarding: IP/Westerns when Primary/Secodary Abs same

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Thu Sep 7 12:05:09 EST 2000

In article <8p81l1$spi$1 at>,
  iayork at (Ian A. York) wrote:
> In article <8p76sj$ase$1 at>,
> S. Findley <polliwog at> wrote:
> >
> >The goal is to somehow not detect IP Ab on westerns:
> I've never tried it, but in the past I've vaguely thought about covalently
> coupling the IPing antibody to beads, rather than bringing it down with
> protein A.  There are beads out there (and I'm blanking on the
> details) that permit covalent coupling.  You'll probably lose a
> little efficiency in the IP this way, with the antibodies bound in random
> orientations.

I think Pierce has some products for this purpose; several, IIRC, wiht
different chemistries.

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at

Sent via