EtOH ppt of DNA, what's wrong with this strategy?

Peter O'Brien SPAMFREEobrien at pharm.med.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 7 00:46:44 EST 2000

There's got to be a reason for adding  NaOAc to the aqueous DNA solution
BEFORE adding the EtOH.  Is this an absolute necessity?

I'm doing >1000X precipitations/day of PCR products in 96 well plates, and
am trying to save time, effort, and pipette tips in any way possible.  Will
the ppt still work if I make a mix of the 95% EtOH and NaOAc then add it all
at once?

Any help greatly appreciated.  Please email as well as posting.

Peter