Digital Cameras and UV light box

Larry Fliegel lfliegelnojunk at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Mon Sep 11 13:46:53 EST 2000

Greetings,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using their digital
cameras to take pictures of gels on a light box.  I have a Canon S100 and
I would like to try and use it to take pictures of EtBr stained DNA gels.
Before  I try it it would be nice to hear that it dosn't wreck the light
meter of the Camera etc.  Obviously you can't point the Camera at the sun
but hopefully a UV light box is not a problem.
Anyone use this or other 2 Megapixel cameras for their pictures of DNA gels?
Tx
Larry Fliegel