Digital Cameras and UV light box

R. John Lye rjl6n at virginia.edu
Tue Sep 12 06:45:48 EST 2000

"Sigurður E. Vilhelmsson" wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Do you have the Kodak system?  What is your opinion of it?  I have been
> looking at digital cameras and complete systems, and the Kodak one seems
> like a relatively good deal.  Do you use their software as well?
> Opinion again?

I'm not Nick, but we demo'ed the Kodak system when we were
in the market.  The pictures looked good, and the software was
pretty useful.  However, it was *extremely* slow.  It took forever
to load and find the camera. Setting the exposure, and actually
taking the photo were slow but manageable, but it then took ages
to transfer the photos to the computer.  It was far too cumbersome
for our use where lots of different people use the system, so we
bought a different system.

Hope that helps,
John