Which strand of a plasmid is replicated?

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Sep 13 03:08:17 EST 2000

Hi John,

I must be more precise. Of course, both strands will be replicated,
but I'd like to know wich strand is used as template for copying.
I.e. if I have a mutation in *one* strand (e.g. introduced by a
primer extension PCR with *one* primer), will it be replicated in
any case or only when it is in the upper or lower strand?

Wolfgang

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Wolfgang Schechinger wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know which strand of a plasmid is replicated in E.
> > coli K12 strains (I currently use 298)?
> >
> > All input is welcome,
>
> Ummmm, aren't both strands of a double stranded plasmid
> replicated?
>
> John

-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----