Biotinylated oligos won't bind to streptavidin beads.

Zhongtang Yu zyu at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Sep 13 19:39:35 EST 2000

I am trying to use streptadivin beads to capture short PCR product that has a biotin at one of the
5'end, but the DNA remained in the supernatant. The biotinylated primer was made and checked by a
company, and they did two tests showing the primer has biotin label. I used 1mg beads that can bind
up to 200 pmole of biotinylated oligos. My PCR product is only 120bp. Does anyone have such
experience or any suggestion? Any helpful info will be appreciated.

--
Zhongtang Yu
University of BC
e-mail: zyu at interchange.ubc.ca