Tomato ubiquitin expression

Oskar oskar at mail.ucr.edu
Fri Sep 15 15:28:46 EST 2000

Hi netters,
I am currently working on the study by RT-PCR of gene expression of a
tomato gene in different organs and conditions (after heat shock,
pathogen attack and also diurnal variations).
For normalization, I am using the ubiquitin ubi3 gene (Hoffman et al,
Plant Mol. Biol. 17, 1189-1201, 1991) but I am concerned its expression
is not as constitutive as I may want and that ubi3 itself may be
subjected to changes of expression in the above conditions.
I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me some information on
ubi3 (or other ubiquitin genes) expression on tomato.

Best regards

Oskar

Oscar Martinez de Ilarduya
Dept of Nematology