How to isolate ssDNA/prevent re-annealing?

mbraden23 at mbraden23 at
Mon Sep 18 12:00:09 EST 2000

We are trying various DNA marking techniques and need various sizes of
single stranded DNA to work with.  I know there are such things for
purchase, such as phage M13 ssDNA, however I am sure there is an easy
way to do this, as we do not need to know the sequence, merely the size.
 I was thinking of denaturing a DNA ladder into single strands by heat
or similar methods, but am worried that they will simply reanneal.  Are
there any simple methods for denaturing dsDNA and isolating the ssDNA
and/or preventing re-annealing?

Mike Braden
Marker Gene Technologies, Inc.

Sent via