Sendai virus production

Paul pd1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 08:06:35 EST 2000

mazarbiu at aldebaran.cti.unav.es wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm going to need massive amounts of Sendai Virus, made from embryonated
> chicken eggs. Question is, we don't have an egg incubator. Do any of you
> fellow bionetters know where i can buy one or how I can build my own?

You might be able to get away with an ordinary 37°C incubator.  When we're
growing
up flu we don't rock the eggs after inoculation, so any humidified incubator
will do.
Of course it might be different for Sendai and you'll need a supplier willing
to provide
you with 10-11 day old eggs.

You could try posting the question on bionet.virology too.

Cheers

Paul Digard