PCR and RFLP

Ma. Sheila M de Jesus msmj at edsamail.com.ph
Fri Sep 22 20:53:16 EST 2000

I seek professional advice on this:

I am working on comparing patterns or polymorphism within hemophiliac patients using RFLP on PCR products.  The pcr product from intron 13 generates a 96 bp product.  Is the protocol logical?

Our lab is not capable of doing southern blotting but is capable of doing PCR . This is my research fellowship project and unfortunately, no one here can provide me advice.  Quite a neophyte in the aspect of molecular biology but very familiar with PCR.

If you can share an RFLP protocol in the analysis of the porlymorphism is a big help.

Again, many thanks in advance.

Sheila
mshmdeje at ustcc.ust.edu.ph

---