PAGE problem

Paul S. Brookes. brookes at uab.edu
Mon Sep 25 08:21:59 EST 2000

Make sure your Tris is the correct grade.  It HAS to be Tris,
electrophoresis grade.  I had this problem about a year ago and found it
was because I used Trizma to make up solutions - apparently they are not
the same thing!   The CSH mol-bio manual (book 3, section 18 I think) has a
good explanation of this.   If you use the correct grades of Tris and
Glycine, it should not be necessary to pH the solutions at all, they should
automatically go to 8.3 if you add the correct amounts.

Regards
PSB

Dr. Paul S. Brookes.            (brookes at uab.edu)
UAB Department of Pathology,   G004 Volker Hall
1670 University Blvd., Birmingham AL 35294 USA
Tel (001) 205 934 1915     Fax (001) 205 934 1775
http://peir.path.uab.edu/brookes

The quality of e-mails can go down as well as up