gel documentation systems

Elizabeth Rogers erogers at umbc.edu
Mon Sep 25 15:31:21 EST 2000

Our lab has been really happy with the AlphaImager made by Alpha
Innotech.  I also looked at a demo from UVP which I liked, but it seemed
to be a little more complicated software-wise.  My experience with Biorad
was that it was probably a good piece of equipment, but I couldn't set up
a demo with them except to get a copy of the software to try
out.  Alpha-Innotech has been very good in the support dept.  I figured if
Biorad couldn't bother to sell me one, I'd never be able to get any
customer support.

On 19 Sep 2000, amar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for information about gel documentation systems.
> My lab is considering buying something that could perform
> fluorescent, chemiluminescent, colorimetric imaging.  Does
> anybody have experience/recommendations?  I'm concerned
> with versatility of the system and compatibility with other
> software (ie, making sure you can use your image).  Feel
> free to post to the list or reply off-list.
> Thanks for your time.
> Susan
>
> Susan Redwine
> redwines at msu.edu

Elizabeth Rogers		 Department of Biological Sciences
Phone:(410) 455-2285	      University of Maryland Baltimore County