cell number assay

Tom thomas at steenstrup.org
Tue Sep 26 08:19:39 EST 2000

Thanks very much for the answer. I will definitely look into the assays you
describe.

> BTW, these assays obviously do affect the cells, but at least don't kill
> them immediately like the methods for measuring DNA synthesis. I guess
> that is what you meant by "without affecting the cells".

Yes, kind of - I think. What I meant was that I would like to be able to
maintain the cells after the assay was completed, so that I could continue
with other experiments. By having a measure for live cells, I can normalize
the later experiments with a cell number equivalent.

Tom