Protein structure

ChenHA hzhen at freeuk.com
Tue Sep 26 19:49:07 EST 2000

"R. Jayakumar" wrote:

> hi.
>   I guess you can try out this website.  This is one of the best for protein
> prediction.
> http://www.expasy.ch/swissmod/SWISS-MODEL.html

Yes, tried that and it gave an error message.  Apparently it doesn't
work if your protein has little homology to other proteins whose
structures have been solve.  So if you have homology, you would
already roughly know the structure without using the program, but if
you don't have homology, it wouldn't work.  Therefore it is only
useful up to a point.

best of luck