cell number assay

Emir Khatipov ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:15:42 EST 2000

I cannot remember right now, but there is a number of compounds used to
measure transmembrane potential of cells. These compounds would penetrate
the cell by the gradient of charge or pH. There are ones that whould change
color once entered the cells.
There might be radioactive assays with compounds that would enter only the
living cells.
I hope there is a lot of information about this in the textbooks on
bioenergetics.
Just an idea. Hope someone could post more.

Emir

news:FU%z5.183$zr4.2799 at news.get2net.dk...