PCR and RFLP

TheLabRat thelabrat at thelabrat.com
Sat Sep 30 14:45:04 EST 2000

"Ma. Sheila M de Jesus" wrote in message
<20000923015311.21BB6415DE at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>...
>I seek professional advice on this:
>
>I am working on comparing patterns or polymorphism within hemophiliac
patients using RFLP on PCR products.  The pcr product from intron 13
generates a 96 bp product.  Is the protocol logical?

>Our lab is not capable of doing southern blotting but is capable of doing
PCR . This is my research fellowship project and unfortunately, no one here
can provide me advice.  Quite a neophyte in the aspect of molecular biology
but very familiar with PCR.

>If you can share an RFLP protocol in the analysis of the porlymorphism is a
big help.

>Again, many thanks in advance.
>
>Sheila
>mshmdeje at ustcc.ust.edu.ph

It is logical if you have the ability to resolve the restriction products.
You would need to do a polyacrylamide gel for that...  Email me if you need
any specific help.  I work at a PharmacoGenomics company, so PCR/RFLP is one
of the methods we use.

Jeff Fairman, Ph.D.

VISIT:  http://www.TheLabRat.com
Check out our new cow and snow leopard style lab coats!!!