Guanidine samples on SDS PAGE

Squid besco.1 at osu.edu
Tue Apr 3 08:50:12 EST 2001

Is there some trick to this?  When I add my SDS loading buffer to the sample
containing guanidine (6M) it produces large amounts of blue solid....I'm
sure I should have paid more attention in chemistry class!!  My protein is
6XHis tagged, and must be solubilized in 6M guanidine HCl so that it can
bind the affinity column.  I want to run the samples on a gel (quickly!!) to
monitor purification, and was hoping not to have to dialyze the guanidine
out first, which causes my protein to become insoluble again...

thanks

julie