Fishing DNA with Dynabeads !!

Csaba Kiss csakis at ki.se
Fri Apr 6 04:40:14 EST 2001

Hi!
I want to separate DNA spieces by their overhang
 I have to digest my DNA sample. The restriction enzyme gives a 4 bp
overhang after digestion. It is absolutely critical that I separate my
digested DNA from the undigested. I thought about using dynabeads to
separate the digested DNA from the undigested using a 4-bp oligo hanging off
the beads. This oligo can be biotynylated and attached to streptavidin
beads. My main worry is if the 4-bp long hydrogen bond between the oligo and
the digested DNA is strong enough to be able to wash away the rest of the
DNA.

Csaba