Plasmid stability in A. tumefaciens

Murray Gardner mngardner at xsinet.co.za
Mon Apr 9 16:04:22 EST 2001

Hi

I am working on a broad host range plasmid that is stable over 100
generations without selection in E. coli, P. putida, and At. caldus, yet
is lost after 60 generations in Agrobacterium tumefaciens LBA 4404.  My
question is whether plasmid instability in A. tumefaciens is
documented.  I was told that plasmids are not that stable in A.
tumefaciens but I can't find any reference to it.  Does anyone have a
reference as this would really help me with my thesis.

I am also wondering if anyone has the strain genotype for A. tumefaciens
LBA 4404?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Murray

--