plasmid construction software

Malay curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in
Mon Apr 9 16:05:56 EST 2001

>I am looking for a software for plamsid construction project.  I want the
software to draw plasmid map with annotated >genes, restriction enzymes, to
determine cloning sites and gel sizes and so on.  I know that there is
VectorNT, gene >cosntruction kit2 are available.  Any suggestion about the
softwares and other software are appreciated.

If you want to draw a map without the sequence (just by typing in positions
of each features) then here is a very very alpha version of "Savvy". Savvy
draws map on your web page in Scalable Vector Graphics format. The map it
generates is high resolution publication quality and can be pasted into
presentation software without loosing any resolution. You can also import
the map into full fledged high end graphics software like Adobe Illustrator
in native format. Please note Savvy right now handles only Circular maps.

http://www.bioinformatics.org/~malay/savvy/

The only requirement to use Savvy is the SVG plugin from Adobe site
(http://www.adobe.com).

Savvy is an implementation of my BioSVG module. Tell me what would you like
more in Savvy or which feature you don't like.

Cheers,

Malay

Malay Kumar Basu
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad 500007
I N D I A

Fax: (00-91)40-7171195
Phone: (00-91)40-7172241
-----
... Clinton sandwich: $5 of baloney and $20 in taxes
-----
curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in

---