HMW RNA markers

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 04:45:57 EST 2001

In article <clbna9.ti.ln at localhost>, the eminent Alberto Chinali at
wrote
>Does anyone know if RNA markers longer than 10kb are commercialy available?
>I'm getting a specific signal for a long (possibly between 10 and 15 kb)
>mRNA in my Northerns but I have been unable to find any markers with
>fragments exceeding 10kb.

It's hard enough to generate transcripts of say 5kb so to get enough of
something over 10kb should be an interesting experience. I guess the
problem is generating a suitable DNA template with nothing that will act
as a transcription terminator or any other secondary structure that will
cause slow down in transcription efficiency.

I would be interested to here what people have used to generate such
RNAs.

Duncan
--
Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:

Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems

4-5 September 2001
King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK

http://www.dera.gov.uk/html/news/events/real_time_quantitative_pcr.htm